Saturday, October 17, 2009

Setting Up Home with a Beanbag

Moving into your first apartment can be fun and it can be daunting. I know when I first moved away from home to go to college; I did not have enough money to buy a lot of furniture that would probably end up getting trashed if I was going to have parties.

The furniture I was looking for:

* Needed to be durable to stand up to the knocks of a single student,
* Must be inexpensive because I didn’t have money to spare on such luxuries,
* Had to be way cool, hey I was going to be the man. Old-fashioned furniture would never do.
* It needed to be comfortable. Let’s face it, in between partying I needed to relax.

I had a beanbag in my room at home growing up. I knew how comfy they were but this was different, I was furnishing my whole apartment in large colorful beanbags.

Beanbag furniture is very popular around campuses, the ideal furniture for a student and I’m glad I bought mine. More than once I praised myself on my foresight.

Cleanup after a weekend was a breeze. Unzipping the washable covers and a quick trip to the Laundromat was all it took to get them looking like new and ready for the next onslaught.

Are you setting up home for the first time? If you are, bean bag furniture is definitely the right furniture to get. After I graduated, I still had my beanbags and toted them half way across the country to my first ‘real’ job.

I was glad I had them; I changed apartments seven times in the first two years and moving beanbag furniture is a whole lot easier than dragging large recliners up and down several flights of stairs – and they don’t scratch the paintwork.

I gave up my beans bags to a friend many years later when I married and she still uses them in the kids’ rooms. I missed those bags for a long time.

When it came time to refurnish our den we were looking for furniture to put in there. The funny thing was that the criteria we listed was the almost the same list I made when going off to college. Well, they say what goes around comes around and here we were shopping for bean bag furniture.

The beanbags are a lot better now than they were when I first bought mine. They seem to be a lot more comfortable. If you thought bean bags were comfortable when you were young, think twice as nice. Now they are sooo comfy.

Beanbag furniture just lets you sink into it but it is still structured. Beanbag chairs are formed like an armchair without legs so you can sit upright because of the support provided in the shape or you can just slouch back.

I never sit in the recliners anymore; beanbag furniture is much more comfortable.

If you are looking for informal, durable furniture for that first apartment, for the den or for the kid’s room, you may want to consider beanbag furniture. There are so many different pieces in a multitude of colors and materials, you will be spoiled for choice.

A home is not a home until it has at least one piece of bean bag furniture in it.

Source: http://www.articlesbase.com